Henry Shelton, who’s Hopi name is Ho-ya’oma, translated to Arrow Carrying, is from the village of Oraibi on Third Mesa on the Hopi Reservation. His father was Peter Shelton, Sr. and his brother is Peter Shelton, Jr. Both of whom were carvers of katsina dolls. Henry attended the Santa Fe Indian School from 1944 to 1949. His awards and exhibitions are too numerous to mention here. He devoted much of his life to creating katsina dolls, paintings, and sculptures. He is in collections of the Smithsonian, Museum of Northern Arizona, Kansas State Historical Society, Denver Art Museum and Heard Museum and many private collections.